Saturday, January 14, 2017

Last days in Chaing Mai

Well, I am about to be leaving Chiang Mai in the next few days.  It will be so sad to leave and as I was at the market today, I saw this.  Ok, it could be right in eaastern North Carolina.....boiled peanuts, I  did not like them at home and I will be darned if I would buy them here.  The vendor was so intent for me to buy them, he offered me one.  STILL THE ANSWER IS NO
 Visions of my past are here too.  Here is a broom that everyone here uses and it is the same kind of broom that my Grandmama Lilley would use to sweep the leaves.  And maybe even Aunt Melba is still using one to this very day.
I am going out with 2 amazing women now,  So, I will be adding to the blog a little later, when time permits.......

Doing a lot and having such a good time,  soaking up the cultural....

Miss y'all and will be home soon.......

Jeanne

1 comment:

  1. Who knew you would find boiled peanuts all the way around the world!

    ReplyDelete