Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Penang Malaysia

.
I am in the old city of Georgetown on the island of Penang, Malaysia.  It UNESCO site.  Walking around in narrow alleys and streets has that Southeast Asia charm.

There are murals painted all of the city.   Some are large on the sides of buildings and and some are tucked away in alleys.  They are kinda hard to find, but once on the hunt to find them, it  is like a scavenger hunt.  They are some that are famous and some just recently painted.

This one is rather famous.   Here is a motor cycle with a guy painted on it driving it.  Can you see the guy over my left shoulder?????

OK,  there were other tourist waiting to have their picture made with this mural.   They would just stand there beside the mural for their  picture..   OH, NO, not me!!!!Just get on that motorcycle and pretend he was taking me on the ride of my life.   That is the way to make a photo op and remember the mural.  Oh, the tourist remembered me too!!!
  Here is the mural with no one in the picture.  This is so real looking.
This is fun walking city.
When walking around, you are looking down for step ups and downs and broken pavement

Enjoy these pictures, because it took me forever to be able to share them on this post.

I am leaving today for the north part of the island and the beach.

ENJOY

3 comments: