Monday, January 2, 2017

New Years Eve in Chiang Mai

I was invited to a New Years Eve Party at Smith's Resident.  I could not believe it, they were serving BBQ, not like eastern North Carolina's, but it was so good.

Then, after the meal, we were all dancing and having so much fun.  Some of the people were going to the 3 King's to attend the concert, so they invited me.

As I was leaving and going down the street you could see these images in the sky.....they were paper lanterns.

So, I ditched the orchestra idea and head off to the Tia Pia Gate.  There all kinds of vendors and the streets were filled with people from all over the world.  I made my way thru the gate and people were lighting the lanterns and releasing them.

Gosh, it was so beautiful.  At first, I could hardly take it in, so moving, there was such a peace and calmness.  Everyone was helping to hold and light the lanterns.  Met so many people from all over the world.

And, this young girl from Bogota asked if I was alone and I said yes.  We agreed to help each other light our lanterns.  So breath taking for me

If you enjoy these pictures in the least bit, you can imagine just how I how great it for me.

What a way to bring in the NEW YEAR

HAPPY NEW YEAR

JEANNE

No comments:

Post a Comment