Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Day

I am in Castel Gandolfo for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  I t is cold, but not as cold as Milano.  Here I am in the square where the Benedict Cathedral and the summer palace for the pope.  Although the Pope is not here.  I think he might be doing some in t Rome. 
 I was walking around when this family asked me to take their picture.  Now they asked in Italian, so I said in English, "I do not understand all the words, but I get it, you want me to take your picture." So I did and this is selfie of us with the young man in the foreground, spoke some English.  Really, there may be a language barrier, kindness and being friendly, goes a long way and transcends obstecials.  "Boana Natalia"  that is Merry Christmas in Italian.
 This the sign for the town of Castel Gandolfo.  The palace of the Pope.  The hotel that I am staying is just beyond the sign.


This is the Italian Christmas breakfast.  Now, don't just hate people that have nothing to do than take pictures of food, but I just had to do this.  I just had to chuckle when cookies were on the breakfast display.

I look forward to seeing you in the New Year!!

Jeanne

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Jeanne. Your ability to communicate with people everywhere you go is legendary!

    ReplyDelete