Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Marsaxlokk Fish Market Malta

When I was flying from Sicily to Malta, there was a bunch of ladies on the plane.  They had gone for  to Sicily to shop.  The lady beside me and I began a conversation about Malta.  She told me to go the local fish market.  I had to take a bus from St Julian's Bay to Valletta and then on to Marsaxlokk.  It was maddening with tourist and locals.
 When I saw this carriage being used to display greens, it reminded me of the carriage at my barn with flowers and shells.  So, in Malta, some people recycle, reduce and REUSE too.
 The town is rather small and the walk around the harbor is filled with these small colorful wooden boats.  This was such a beautiful day and the bright sun make theses boats come alive
And just what would one do after visiting the fish market..............lunch and fresh fish.  I could not believe it, there was a harborside restaurant that the special of the day was SOFT SHELL CRABS.  Can you believe it,  Mrs Georgie, that have your trade too.

Gosh, it was good and sat there enjoying the scenery and the sun, the market started to disappear.  When they say it ends at 1pm, they mean 1pm.  Vendors hustling to pack up their leftovers, take down the tents and they were off.

This sea side village from a bustling shopping area to just a few people taking a Sunday afternoon walk.  Everything shut down and closed.

I found that between 1pm to 4pm there was nothing open.......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment