Sunday, December 25, 2016

Daily Market

 Each morning I take a walk to the local market.  These is a sense of organized ciaos.  There are vendors cooking any and everything that you could want.  These ladies are cooking a donut type pastry  This lady has sprinkled sesame seeds on these pastry above
 .
 This lady is cooking a coconut type pastry and then she folds it over and sells little tray of them.  I have not tried them yet,  Really trying to watch what I eat.  Or should I say watch what they cook and then eat it.
All of this happens right on the street, as you can see above, this guy is making the dough, rolling it our , cutting it into strips and little pieces and then to fry wok, and then to me.

I watch them with great interest and they love it and smile.  Even when I take the pictures and show it to them, they seems so pleased.

There are two of these markets within walking distance of Smith Suites, but you have to get there early, because this is the breakfast market and by 8 am, they are packing it up.  And the next crowd of vendors will be arriving.

I am trying to limit myself to eating "on the street", but as I discover something new and share it with the people I have met, they tell me about some kinda food I do not need to miss.

What a fun way to start the day......

Happy Holidays

Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment