Sunday, December 4, 2016

Flying 25 hours

Today is Monday,  I am finally in Thailand.  I arrived here yesterday about noon.   After checking in 4 hours before my flight in LA, and a 15 1/2 hour flight to China, a 3 hour lay over and 3 more hours to Bangkok.  I am here, but I have to tell you, I was exhausted.  I wanted check in the room, get a shower and find something to eat and TAKE A NAP.  

The shower was a easy fix......But I wanted to eat on the street, but I had not Thai Bak, that is there money..so the lady at the desk, changed money for me......I gave $5 and she gave me $154 TB.  

I left the hotel, turned left, the way the taxi brought me and there places all along the way to eat on the street, and I mean on the street,  Table and chairs on the side walk as woks were firing up all kinds of concoctions.   I had been wanting the noodles in soup.  It is so great you can view the food before it cook and look around at what others are eating.....

I settled on soup with noodles, eggs, heart and tongue.  Now, to easy your mind, I did take the hep A and B before... and if I was going to get food poison,  it could be now.  I figured after flying for over 25 hours and eaten Chinese airplane found with no gastric movements, this could do the trick.

You know, it is amazing how there is a language barrier, but "How Much?" is so universal.  Of course, I did not understand the answer.  And no matter where I have been there is always someone to come to my rescue.....$50 BK.  of well, I did have that hundred.   I sat down right at the stove with others on these little plastic stools, as the lady started to prepare my meal.  I was so amazed, she was cutting the hard boiled eggs with dental floss.  

Oh, the meal included tea.  Really, this tea was so organic, you could taste the dirt in it.....but for the soup, it was so good and hot with all that meat, no food police here.

Right back to the hotel, and the bell men bow as you enter... and told me about a market that opens at 6pm tonight.... and being on 3 o'clock and taking a nap, of yea, be here and do what the locals do.

It took and act of congress to figure out how to turn the lights of......Arthur, the bell came to my room to help me

And off to sleep.......now honestly when I put on my PJ's I felt like pig and looked like an elephant.  I felt like the large green ball in Tina'a exercise class.  My angles were so huge.  I needed a laxative and some major liposuction. 

The sleep was so deep, I dreamed and slept like someone had drudged me.

I did wake up around 6 pm and decided to go the market going the opposite way.  OMG, there were rides for the kids, even you could drive a transformer......... and shops for ever and the food.....I could not eat thing,

Now, it is hot, about 80 degrees.  I just walked and walked.  I did buy some water.  I still had money,
$5 US is really going far, but enough.....trying to get on this time zone and walking back to the hotel,  the "call" came to me and thank heavens the hotel, and then my room and the bathroom where close, but those lights......finding the toilet in the dark was a challenge.....I MADE IT

This morning, I got up went to the gem and took an aerobic class and then breakfast of fruit, and sushi....it is Thailand.

I am on my way to the temple and some emerald thing....

OK no pictures, yet, I am on the learning curve


Jeanne


No comments:

Post a Comment