Saturday, December 10, 2016

US Embassy

I am now in Saigon.  We were free in the morning and the guide suggested that we go to the Bitexco Building for a view of the city, so a few of us walked there.  Really, such an interesting walk, with vendors all along the street and the motor cycles everywhere.

There were KFC and Starbucks and other familiar business.  The side walks were in need of repair and motor bikes parked all over the place.  Organized ciaos

I spent the afternoon on a city tour, and just by happen stance, the guide pointed out "To your right is where the US Embassy was during the war".

I rushed to the front of the bus and was able to take this picture.

Can we stop????

OH NO!!!!!!!

He explained no walking, no parking and no stopping....

As you can see, the area is so clean and well maintained, but off limits.

I was so sad, what a shame, I would have like to have had some time just to contemplate that time in my life and the significance of that was.

I am leaving early today for Ho Chi Min

Let me hear from you

at

justjeannec@gmail.com

Jeanne
 

No comments:

Post a Comment