Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Making Incense

 Traveling thru Vietnam,   I visited a market where they were making incense.  I was so interested in the lady rolling the sticks to the particular flavor.  After a while, I realized, she wa. s making each piece of incense by hand and making 100 per minute.  I was so amazed.

She got up and ask me, thru a sign language,  "You, try it".  So I sat down and tried my hand at making incense.  If you look closely to the right of my right hand, there is the blob of stuff that you roll as you roll the stick in my left hand, adding the flavor which is a powder that is lightly sprinkled on the surface.

After about one minute, I had one stick, about the size of milkshake straw, what a mess.  I was promptly asked to get up.  I am NOT a candidate for incense making.

The picture at the top is the lady that was training me,  she had the wrong candidate,  I am Not incense making employee.

I love getting involved and inter-reacting with the Vietnamese.  Just being kind and smiling and looking at their works, I am drawn into their daily lives.

I will not forget the expressions of this lady as she tried to help me make one stick of incense and maybe she will not forget me,

Happy New Year

Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment